Trouble Enrolling

Requesting enrollment in 104AL – Winter 2023

Please use this online request form:  https://forms.gle/ha5x48PAUkN6Vnus7

Normally students can enroll in all courses through MyUCLA.  However, many students are blocked by MyUCLA from enrolling in some courses that have prerequisites.  This is because MyUCLA is not able to interpret course equivalencies from other schools, or AP credit for some prerequisites.  The enrollment system reads from the UCLA transcript, not from the DAR.  If you took the equivalent of LS7A, 7B, and 7C elsewhere, and you try to enroll in a course for which LS7A, 7B, and 7C is a pre-requisite, MyUCLA can only look to see whether you specifically took these courses at UCLA.  It can’t read your DAR which reflects the credit that has articulated on your DAR.  Whenever this situation arises, contact the department of the course in which you want to enroll directly (see information below for contact information for departments most commonly contacted by MCDB students), and they will check your DAR to see whether the course in question is on your list of transferred courses, and either enroll you in the course or give you a PTE number to enroll yourself.

Enrolling in MCDB Courses

If MyUCLA will not allow you to enroll directly in an MCDB course, please complete the Enrollment Request Form:

The MCDB Undergraduate Counselor will enroll you directly in the requested MCDB course if the course is not full and if you meet all the following criteria:

  • You are unable to enroll through MyUCLA due to prerequisite problems.
  • It is during your enrollment pass.
  • You are under the unit limit for the enrollment pass you are on.
  • You have taken the prerequisites (or the equivalent of the prerequisites) for the course.

Please carefully read all the directions on your enrollment form.  After you submit the form, you must check MyUCLA to confirm your enrollment.

NOTE:  Please be aware that it may take several hours before you are enrolled.  If you send your request during the weekend, your request may not be processed until the first business day after the request was sent.

Enrolling in Non-MCDB Courses

The MCDB counselor can enroll students in MCDB courses ONLY.  If you have problems with a course for another department, such as Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (EEB), Microbiology, Immunology & Molecular Genetics (MIMG), Life Sciences, Math, Physics, or Chemistry, for example you must contact that department to enroll in the course.

If you email a request to enroll in another department’s course, please provide ALL the information the contact person of that department will need in order to enroll you.

Include the following information in your request:

  • Your full name
  • Your student ID number
  • The department and course number (Chem 14C, MIMG 101, etc.)
  • The nine-digit student records system (SRS) numbers for AT LEAST TWO discussion sections that will work with your schedule, listed in order of preference.  These numbers are found in the Schedule of Classes, in the specific course listing, first column from the left, under the title “Crs Info”.

Please contact the following life science departments, if you have problems enrolling yourself in their courses:


4009 Young Hall
Email:  ugrad@chem.ucla.edu

Ecology and Evolutionary Biology

101 Hershey Hall
Email:  eebundergrad@lifesci.ucla.edu

Life Science Core (LS 7A/B/C, LS23L, LS107, 30A, 30B, 40)

2305 Life Science Building
Email:  lscore@lifesci.ucla.edu


6356 Math Sciences Building
Email:  ugrad@math.ucla.edu

Microbiology, Immunology & Molecular Genetics

1602A Molecular Sciences Building
Email:  undergrad@microbio.ucla.edu

Neuroscience Interdepartmental Program

1506D Gonda Center
Email:  neurosci@ucla.edu


1-707A Physics & Astronomy Building
Email:  mtran@physics.ucla.edu

Physiological Science

125 Hershey Hall
Email:  gergel@physci.ucla.edu

Psychobiology – Dept. of Psychology

1531 Franz Hall
Email:  undergraduate@pych.ucla.edu


8142A Math Sciences Building
Email:  sao@stat.ucla.edu