Scroll to top
- MCDB Majors: MCDB 199 may NOT be applied to the MCDB major requirements/electives. Please see MCDB 199A-D or MCDB 198A-D.
- NON-MCDB Majors: Please review the Important Information for Non-Majors who Wish to Enroll in MCDB Research Courses as well as all the information on the MCDB 199 webpages.
- Have senior standing, or junior standing with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Have successfully completed Life Science 3, 23L, and 4 OR LS7A, 7B, 7C, 23L, and 107, and meet the GPA requirements as stated above.
- SRP 99 is NOT a pre-requisite for MCDB 199.
- Have completed lab safety training (see Laboratory Safety Training).
- Read and follow all guidelines detailed on this website under MCDB 199. For any questions, consult the MCDB Undergraduate Counselor (128 Hershey Hall).
- Not be working for pay in the sponsor’s lab at the same time you are enrolled for academic credit in MCDB 199 courses.
- Students may not enroll in a 199 course if they have outstanding Incompletes in a previous MCDB research course.
- Transfer students may not enroll during their first quarter at UCLA.